They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas time is here......

The one thing I have to say about Christmas is that it always lifts me up...I could be having the worst year of my life (I think I am) and yet once Christmas time arrives I have no worries..the only worries I have are trying to get my family's gifts sent up to NJ in time or did I buy enough for Ayden and Cassandra for Christmas? or I hope they like their gifts, etc. Worries like this are just fine for me...

I know that Christmas time is a "magical" time of year and I should be out there enjoying all of it....but I have become very much the "Homebody" but I am happy this way. Years ago I would be out shopping every weekend, going to Novena's every night in December and making plans as to which house we would choose to go for Christmas Eve....Nope, not any more. To be honest I never really liked it...for me the perfect Christmas would be running around Christmas Eve to get just those last few gifts and picking up the Christmas Turkey from Publix and then go home and stay home. I love giving out the Christmas Eve Pajama's...(This is a tradition I picked up from my mom) and we all get into are P.J's and watch Christmas Movies, etc....then to wake up early the next morning with Ayden's cry of "He came-he came, Gigi Santa was here" for me seeing him get so excited and opening his presents is what it's all about(besides the fact that it is the birth of Christ) for me...and between you and I Ayden comes to my room before he goes to his mom's room....LOL.....I love that! and it may change in the years to come but for now I want to enjoy it...

So yes, this year has changed me in a way that I can now be honest with myself. No more pretending to do things for others so I can make them feel better or make them Happy..it's time to make myself happy. Of Course my close family and friends I will always go out of my way to make them happy but as far as the other people....No More...Life is to short and I am not getting any younger so it's time for me to live selfishly. ..LOL (maybe for a little while anyway)........Yes, this has been a year I most likely won't forget but to tell you the truth that will be a whole other post at the end of the year.....LOL..

No comments:

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie