They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Meaning Full ones

I am sure all of us have the "Special Ornaments" that either have a story behind it or a special meaning. I also sure everyone knows where they got their ornaments or who gave them to you. For me it's all of the above, so like Joyce before me I am going to show off some of my Special and Meaning full ornaments,

First is my little Irish Dancer which was given to me by my brother Matthew who always finds these neat little Irish things. Matthew is a true "Irish Man" and dam proud of it. We all are, and for me this is special not only because Matt gave it to me but Cassandra did Irish Dancing for a couple of years and my parents were so proud watching her. I remember one Christmas at Pat and Maggie's house and my Dad made Cassandra get up and do the "Jig" and the look on my parents face was just "Priceless" they were so proud of her dancing in front of all those people.


Next is my beautiful "Special Aunt" Angel ornament that was given to me by my Niece and Nephew, Katie and Ryan. I love this angel not only because they gave it to me but because it is such a beautiful Angel. In fact this angel is so special I keep it out all year round. It hangs in my dining area for all to see.


Here is my Bailey's ornament, it is so cute and it hangs right in the front of my tree. We always make sure that Bailey has a couple of bones or play toys for him to rip open on Christmas. I guess most of you have seen the famous Bailey under the tree that I take every year. Under the is Bailey's favorite place at Christmas time. This year he is having a little trouble because it's a new tree and it goes all the way down to the floor but he does still get in. Yesterday my tree started moving to the right of my living room, it was Bailey underneath...


This ornament is from my mother's tree. Every year my mother and her sisters would meet for dinner just around Christmas time. Each one of them would give a little gift to all and alot of them gave ornaments like this. Three years ago I started getting ornaments in the mail from two of my aunts and the card just says "You've taken your mom's place"

Here is just one of the Ornaments I have received from Anne. For a long time Anne has attached a cute little ornament on to my presents. So each year I add a new Ornament from my best Friend Anne.

Here is a Angel from the movie "its a wonderful Life (my favorite movie) At the end of the movie the little girl says "Teacher says every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings" so when I saw this in a small Christmas store some where I bought it for my tree.

Now this one is very very old, and it's not really an ornament it is a little doll. My mom told me that it was passed down by generations and I believe it goes back to my Great, Great, Great Grandma's tree maybe even longer. My mom was so proud to have it, so it has been passed down to me and I will pass it down to Cassandra or Katie. I prefer Katie because she will take care of it, Cassandra ???? (Sorry Cass).

Last but not least is my Angel tree topper. Honestly it's new just this year. I was looking for her for many years, I could never find just the perfect one but I think I found it.


This one I have had a very long time and I love it, in fact it is one of the first ornaments I bought for my tree when I first move here to Florida. I am a big fan, thanks to my dad.


As you can see I have a small theme going on here which is Angels. When I first moved to Florida I said I would buy a new Angel for my tree and in time I would have only Angels on my tree. But as you can see, some of them just mean too much to me.





7 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

Oh my goodness, Karen!!!! I just love your tree and all of your ornaments. I loved reading about each one and the story behind it. So many beautiful things that you told the story of and it is just so nice to get a peek into what is special and important to you at this wonderful time of year.

Leon1234 said...

Good point.

rachel said...

These are all great ornaments! I love the whole angels theme, it really adds beauty. Your pop up tree sounds nice too, and easy! it looks very pretty and it was nice that you shared some of your favorite ornaments! (:

AnneH said...

Karen, I love your tree and ornaments. I am happy to see the ornaments I have given you have made it to your beautiful tree. How tall is it? I am thinking about getting a pop up tree myself. BrookStone has them on sale for $80.00

myaliasgigi said...

Anne- that is a great price for it!
My ex-boss bot it from brookstone about 2 years ago and she paid $150.00 and when I bought it this year I paid $99.00 so $80.00 is Great and I love it. If I had known I would have gotten it a long time ago..if you can swing it get it, it is worth it.

Anonymous said...

Katie can have the little doll, i'm sure Ayden won't have much intrest in it. and i have a feeling my next baby is going to be another boy...or at least i hope so.

myaliasgigi said...

Why a Boy Cass, don't you want a little girl that can grow up to be just like you??? Then she can drive you even more crazy than Ayden...But Ayden will always be number one in my eyes as you were to Grandma and Grandpa...I love that little boy..He is just CRAZY!

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie