They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Monday, March 15, 2010

St Patricks Day of old....



. Well this is week is St. Patricks Day...a day I will always remember for one reason or another. So many things in my life have happened on St. Patricks Day...I don't know why but they do. I had the closing on my house on St. Patrciks Day which is a Day alot of people remember because it's so memorable to own your first home. My Father's mother passed away on St. Patricks (and her parents were right off the boat from Ireland)....My Dad had sent my Mom flowers for St. Patricks Day and because his mom passed away that day my dad swore he would never send flowers again on that day, and he didnt!

It's just a day in our family that we always regonized...my mom always made the cornbeef and cabbage. My
Aunt Maureen made everyone Soda Bread ...mmmm good! I enjoyed watching the parade in New York,

and I even went once or twice

The best year was when Cassandra had been learning the Irish step dancing. That year my mom was head of the Church's auxillary group for Seniors (she honestly ran the whole church) and she planned their annual St. Patricks Day Luncheon and no one was more prouder than both my parents to see Cassandra Dancing for them as the entertainment along with the rest of her Dancing group..she wore the costume and all...talk about happy, if you could only have seen my parents face that year..Priceless!

So as you can see I have a special "Fondness" for this day, not only because I am Irish but because it's a day of "Happening" in our family! To me it's a day that reminds me more and more how important family is...it's VERY important!

No comments:

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie