They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Thursday, August 28, 2008

I am at work right now and for the first time in 4 or so years we are not having a 4 day weekend during Labor Day weekend, very depressing. In a way we all sort of assume we are and this year we were told "H.R is Open". The numbers in the Hospital are down so it would really help the numbers if we took off. I almost feel like we are being punished in a way...last week our VP tried to contact all of us in the department and came over here to see where we were? The lights had gone out so everyone was sitting in my office that had the most light from the bay window I have. I had my phone on speaker phone because we were all talking to Beth Brill and as we hung up our VP walks in very upset we could see, questioning where we wear? Then as fast as she came she left. That was the same day we were told by our VP that we were open. We hoped she would change her mind sometime today but she just called to tell us that we are coming in tomorrow even though Administration sent e-mails out begging employees to take off, we could
not....I know we still have a 3 day weekend but when you get use to something it's hard...Anyway I just needed to vent....Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!!!!!!

2 comments:

AnneH said...

Hey Karen, I feel your pain - not (ha-ha):). I have never had a 4 day weekend for Labor Day, but honestly if you've always had it off then that is a bummer not to have it off this year. Like you said, it's almost like a given that you will have it off and a shock when you don't. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

rachel said...

i love what you've done to your blog!! the pink looks really nice and all the pictures on the sidebar are fun to look at (:

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie