They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Monday, August 2, 2010

Made my day...

Well , I had a phone call today that just made my day...maybe even my month or year..I received a call from my friends son who is currently stationed in Afghanistan and he called to thank me for sending him a box full of goodies like, Candy, gum and cookies. It seems Jason and his squad were on a mission deep in Afghanistan and it was like 125 degree in the shade there. They had been stationed there for days and were only eating rice that the locals had made for them and hot 90 degree water and it had been like that for days....Jason said that they heard the helicopter coming up and it dropped down some needed supplies (no food) and mail and in the mail he received my full box of goodies...He said that he and his buddies devoured the goodies and that it was the best meal that they had since the mission started..He said "Karen it's like this box came from heaven and you were the Angel that sent it". We ended up speaking for 30 minutes.

Finally I feel like I made a difference and I have not felt like that in a really long time.

So, Jason who was calling me all the way from Afghanistan and who is in the middle of all this war and blood shed (The things he told me he has seen were just frightening ) wanted to thank me for sending him the goodies but in reality I want to thank Jason because he really didn't need to do that, he could have just told his mom to give me the message but instead he called me and made me feel so good about myself and I have not felt like this in a really long time...Thanks Jason...

      

No comments:

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie