They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Felt my age today....oh my!


Well today for the first time ever I felt my age. I was in the Cafeteria today hanging the decorations for my annual Benefits Fair and I was standing on something that wasn't that secure

which was my fault to begin with, and I was talking to the Director of Medical Records, Amy and all of a sudden I just tumbled down. But this time was diffrent. Normally I can catch myself the way I fell but today I had no control, I really "FELL DOWN HARD". I think I was more embarrased then hurting at the time. But it really made me think, this is the first time I had no control of my body, what will happen in 10 more years? I am going to be the big 50 this up coming year. I was not upset at all but now I'm not to sure. Hey, I did gymnastics, all over the place..!! I know you can't stay young for ever but I never realized this would start feeling like this? It has bothered me ever since it happend, and now that I am getting ready for bed I'm starting to feel the pain. They say I will be in more pain tomorrow but I can't think about it because I have my Benefits fair which I plan for all year long and I have vendors comming from all over so I have to be at my best! I do alot of running around making sure all the vendors have their materials that they shipped prior to the show. I have to get up at 4:30 am so I can leave by 5:45am because vendors start setting up by 6:00am. I hope I'm not to stiff in the morning but I will just have to "Kick it off". So life gives you alot of ups and downs as you grow and this is one of the "Downs" but this part of Life must go on and I guess I have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

Oh my goodness, Karen! You are darn lucky you did not break something!!! I know exactly what you mean about having no control over your body. I fell outside of my MIL's house the other day when my foot went into a hidden hole in the grass. I went all the way down and could do nothing to break my fall. It's a scary feeling. I hope you are not too sore tomorrow. Your benefits fair is always such fun! I hope it goes well.

AnneH said...

Wow, thank goodness you didn't break anything. I hope you weren't too sore the next day and the benefits fair went without a hitch. I will hopefully talk to you tonight.

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie