They call me Gigi....................

Woo Woo Woo...







Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents (Gigi) Day


Today I received a card and some gifts from my Grandson Ayden along with a big Hug for what he called "Gigi Day". This day is something that started around the time Cassandra was born and for me and Cassandra it was a very important day because I would not be here if wasn't for their help with Cassandra. My mom said once it was like raising another daughter and she was so right,she called them Grandma and Grandpa but Cassandra looked up to my dad as her dad and my mom as another mom. I know that their relationship was so special and that Cassandra would never be as loved as she was loved by them (Me as well). I hope I can help Cassandra with Ayden as well as they helped me with her. So, today Cassandra asked me what I wanted to do? Dinner, Lunch? I said "Peace and Quiet" She laughed and took Ayden to her boyfriends house to watch the Game...So right now I am going to clean up a little then take a nap and then get a nice cup of coffee and search the TV for something good- PEACE!

2 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

Happy Grandparent's Day Karen!!! I'm so glad you had a nice day. Sounds like you hate Monday rolling in even more than the rest of us. Hopefully with Ayden sleeping for a shorter period of time at the Day Care, he will not run you ragged at night.

AnneH said...

Hi Karen, sounds like you had a peaceful day, which you definately deserve!!! I had no idea that Sunday was grandparents day. Hopefully my parents didn't either :)

My Dad and Memories

My Dad and Memories
Dad

My Dad's WWII Memorial

My Dad's WWII Memorial
In Memory of my Dad

Ayden

Ayden
My Little Man

Ayden & Mommie

Ayden & Mommie
Great looking Couple!

My Favorite Words

"Love is Patient and Kind. it doesn't envy or boast and it's never proud, it's not rude or selfish , it doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in bad things but it rejoices in the truth. Love Always protects,trusts,hopes, and perseveres.

"Love never Fails"

Corinthians 13.4.8

Mommie and Ayden

Mommie and Ayden
Ayden only has eyes for mommie